Fall is approaching. It’s that time to switch all your summer clothing over to coats and boots, sweaters and scarves. The leaves are turning, the days are shorter, all those great family events are coming up but your home is in desperate need of a little clean up after the summer months. Decluttering and sprucing your home up for the autumn season may seem like an expensive and overwhelming task, but here’s some food for thought on getting your home presentation ready – and on a budget!
1) Buy some bins or storage baskets and hide the clutter.
From your laundry room, to the bathroom and side tables in your bedroom and living room, storage baskets can tuck away small items like TV remotes, magazines, bottles of cream or laundry detergent.
2) Door mounted hanging racks take your stuff that’s cluttering up the floor and gets them vertical. You can choose any number of styles – use them as a hanging shoe rack, for mitts and scarves, draping jewellery, etc. You don’t even need to buy one – you can use a long rope with knots in it hanging off the door and clip spare hair ties to it, pins, buttons, etc. – Get creative!
3) Use old shoe boxes as dividers for drawers. Cut the boxes to the size you need in your drawers – and voila! Custom made compartments for all your knicks and knacks.
4) Constantly looking for the lid to your Tupperware container? Do the lids slide out of your cupboards haphazardly every time you open the door? Place a CD rack horizontally inside a kitchen drawer and line those lids up in order! You’ll never have to look to find one again.
5) Organizing scarves and hats can be tricky. Get a sturdy hanger and some shower curtain rings, attach the rings to the bottom of the hanger and clips your hats and scarves onto the rings.
Once your space is organized, YOU’LL feel organized... and your home will be ready for visitors without breaking the bank.
Share your ideas with us we are always looking for great ideas and will post them in our newsletter.
For more information contact us http://www.marynacarato.com/